By registering as a member of PetsOnMe you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below and as amended from time to time:
1. For the purposes of this website:
(a) “dog minder” means a member who, for a fee, looks after a dog owner’s dog or dogs on terms and conditions as agreed between the dog owner and the dog minder
(b) “dog owner” means a member who owns or is responsible for a dog
(c) “member” means a person who upon payment of the application fee contained on this website or registering on this website agrees to the terms and conditions herein
2. PetsOnMe is an introductory agency only and:
(a) will use reasonable endeavors to match a dog owner with a dog minder;
(b) does not directly or indirectly employ the dog minder;
(c) has the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse to provide services to a dog owner or a dog minder;
(d) is not involved in the negotiations between members or for supervising the transactions that take place between its members.
(e) has no control of the contents posted by members and cannot ensure or guarantee the accuracy or legality of any such content; and
(f) is not involved in the transaction between members and is not a party to any transactions that take place between its members.
3. The dog minder or pet sitter and dog owner will act reasonably to enter into an agreement whereby the dog minder will agree to house and/or care for the dog owner’s animal/s at a price and for a term on terms as agreed. PetsOnMe has no responsibility for the terms of the agreement. The dog owner and the dog minder do not reply upon representations made by or on behalf of PetsOnMe and rely entirely upon their own enquiries as to suitability of the dog minder to provide services for the dog owner.
4. PetsOnMe accepts no responsibility for:
(a) any incidental, indirect or consequential damages which may occur to any person or animal as a result of using the PetsOnMe service, or by any act or omission of a dog minder or of any dog owner or animal;
(b) the behavior and/or conduct of other members or their animals;
(c) the suitability, honesty, capability or character of any member;
(d) the suitability of the dog minder’s premises for the dog owner’s animal/s;
(e) any incidental, direct, indirect or consequential damage that may be caused to any personal or animal, whether as a result of omission, accident, injury, aggravation or otherwise; and
(f) any monies due and payable either by or to the dog owner or the dog minder.
5. You irrevocably release PetsOnMe, its directors and employees absolutely from all liability and responsibility for injury, damages, illness, accident, death, veterinary expenses, loss of property howsoever arising which may occur to any animal or person at any time as a result of the use of this introductory agency. You agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, PetsOnMe, its directors and employees from and against all liability, damages, veterinary expenses, claims, actions and costs of defending such claims and action whatsoever in respect thereof.
6. PetsOnMe does not make any warranty as to:
(a) the suitability, honesty, capability or character of the dog minder;
(b) the suitability of the dog minder’s premises;
(c) the nature or temperament of any dog; and
(d) the capability of a dog minder to adequately exercise and care for any dog and does not accept any responsibility in relation to these matters.
7. PetsOnMe is not responsible for any computer viruses or breakdowns which may arise as a result of using this service.
8. All correspondence and emails that you receive from PetsOnMe or a member of PetsOnMe are confidential. You are not permitted to forward these emails to another party without first obtaining the consent of the original sender.
9. All costs and expense displayed on this website are non-refundable. You are responsible for all charges associated with the use of PetsOnMe. If you are a dog owner, you are also separately responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by the dog minder as agreed between you and the dog minder.
10. PetsOnMe is not responsible for any information or materials posted or transmitted via its website.
11. PetsOnMe is not responsible for resolving disputes between members.
12. Members are responsible for their own online charges from internet service providers and all associated and incidental costs.
13. All members agree that, in relation to personal information of other members that are obtained through this website or through PetsOnMe facilitated transaction; that information will not be used for any unsolicited commercial purpose. Members are expressly prevented from adding personal information of other members to any electronic or physical mailing lists, or for sending spam or other content not expressly authorized by PetsOnMe.
14. PetsOnMe is not responsible for any losses or damages that result from loss of user ID and/or password.
15. PetsOnMe may, in its absolute discretion, amend or alter the content of a member profile. This includes but is not limited to the removal of company names, URL links and inappropriate or offensive material as deemed so by us.
16. PetsOnMe may, in its absolute discretion, cancel a membership for any breach of these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
17. PetsOnMe may amend the terms and conditions from time to time. If you do not agree with any of our terms and conditions, you must terminate your membership. If, after changes to our terms and conditions you continue to be a member of PetsOnMe, you will be considered to have accepted the varied terms and conditions.
18. Cancellation Policy and Refunds
By accepting a booking, each Pet Owner and Sitter agrees to the following cancelation policy:
Once an owner has paid for a booking, after the pet minder have approved it, the pet owner may be charged a cancellation fee equal to the total reservation amount if they cancel the booking within 24 hours of the scheduled reservation. It does not apply if the pet minder, cancels the booking.
19. Medical Issues
The contact information on the Owner’s Profile is automatically sent to the Pet Sitter upon acceptance by the Pet Sitter. Each Sitter acknowledges that he/she should be aware of that information and each Owner understands that the Sitter will rely on that contact information in the case the Owner needs to be contacted or in the case of an emergency. The Owner accepts to keep this information up to date at all times.
In the event that the Sitter reasonably considers that the Pet needs veterinary care, the Owner agrees that the Sitter will contact the Owner to receive instructions on whether medical assistance should be sought and if so, what kind of medical assistance should be sought and whether the Sitter can contact the veterinary contact provided by the Owner or in the absence of such contact information, a veterinary that the Sitter reasonably believes to be appropriate. The Owner also agrees that the Sitter can take all reasonable actions as recommended by the veterinary.
If an Owner and Sitter agree in writing (singed by both parties) on specific emergency procedures, the procedures will take precedence (unless agreed in writing to the contrary between the Sitter and Owner). Subject to the preceding sentence, each Owner agrees that each Sitter can seek medical assistance, as the Sitter, acting in good faith, considers reasonably appropriate, including without contacting the Owner.
In the case medical assistance has been sought, each Owner agrees to:
Reimburse any reasonable costs incurred by the Sitter in getting medical assistance
Indemnify the Sitter and FindADogMinder and/or anyone acting with the authority of the Sitter or FindADogMinder, from and against any liability that may arise in relation to the medical assistance
Release and hold harmless the Sitter and FindADogMinder and/or anyone acting with the authority of the Sitter or Mad Paws, from and against any liability that may arise as a result of failing to seek medical assistance in the case that doing so would be contrary to any agreements that have been made in writing between the Owner and the Sitter.
Each Owner authorises the Payment Gateway Provider to charge any such expenses, on our request. The Owner also authorises the Payment Gateway Provider to charge any amount that we consider to be the subject of such indemnity. These amounts are charged from the nominated bank from the Owner using any credit card details provided by the Owner.